Tuesday, December 04, 2012

People of The Year...People of Our Time

The whole world is being "Psy-kicked" by the wave of Gangnam Style lately. I read on the newspapers that Psy from Korea had been nominated for TIME Magazine's People of The Year. Meanwhile on a different page of the same newspapers, it's reported that many had been touched by Officer DePrimo's act of kindness and said he should be on the same list as well.

"The generosity of a New York policeman who gave a pair of boots to a dishevelled, bearded homeless man has touched the world." (Acccording to http://m.smh.com.au/world/homeless-man-is-barefoot-once-more-20121203-2aqxf.html)

I started to wonder the real meaning of People of The Year. Went through some search Google and noticed oh boy! How the definition and interpretation had changed! Don't get me wrong, I do not disapprove of what DePrimo has done. In fact I appreciate and respect his kindness, something which I assume to be one of the fundamental virtues of humanity. Yet, it speaks of volume when many around the world are so 'touched'.

Nope it's not winter where I am. I suddenly feel the chill deep inside my heart. Christmas is just around the corner.

4 December 2012. 6.54am


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home