Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Glow of Love and Life

Life hasn't been life lately.
With so much work, and no personal time,
I've lost in touch with myself.
I haven't been able to feel the feelings...
Have I joined the gang of walking deads, the zombies?
Oh gosh, Oh NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

I saw a couple today.
Middle-aged couple.
They stood facing one another,
holding close to each other,
In the crowded train,
Looking into each others' eyes.
No I do not know them.
I saw them today...

I saw life through them,
I saw love glowing from them,
And I looked around,
Yes, right...they were indeed special in the crowd.

They...reminded me of life,
A life of love,
A life for love.
The love of life,
And the love for life...
Oh...how poor I'm,
for not having any of those,
now.

But I saw life today,
He came with love.
He was so happy, and she was simply beautiful!
I looked around in the train,
No one seemed to have seen them.
Though they both do not belong to me,
I saw them...
It must have been my lucky day.
They were glowing in the dark.
I saw life and love,
I felt their existance...


changes made on 2 sept 2005 1.40pm

2 Comments:

Blogger 3 potties said...

more of prose than poem,
i enjoyed it nonetheless.

good to know with all the workload u've come back to post this one.

everybody has the same 24 hrs in a day. its just how we spend it and with whom.

meet ur friends more often!

iyer

Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Glow of love and life

This is a really meaningful poem and it is a tribute to all the couples who still love each other after being together for a long time.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home